First Salute DIY Frame Kit
The “Silver Dollar Salute” is a revered military tradition dating back to the 19th century. It marks the transition from officer trainee to leader of soldiers and results in a cadet becoming a commissioned officer. This is also when new officers present a Silver Dollar to the enlisted service member who gives them their first salute as an officer. For more information about the First Salute, visit our blog post HERE.
This DIY Photo Frame Kit allows you to insert your own keepsake Silver Dollar to capture the emotion and pride of this special moment. Just send us your "First Salute" photograph (must be high resolution) and we can crop, add personalization if desired and reproduce photo at a professional photo lab. We then mount the photo in your choice of frame style and mat color. We will send you the frame ready for your coin along with instructions and everything you need to mount your coin and complete the frame assembly.
DIY First Salute Photo Frame Kit includes the following:
- Professionally reproduced and mounted photo featuring your First Salute. We then provide instructions in order for you to complete the frame assembly with your Silver Dollar.
- SILVER DOLLAR NOT INCLUDED. Tell us the type of Silver Dollar you intend to use (please be specific) and we will include an air tight acrylic capsule to protect coin's integrity.
- Wood frame of your choice. Includes sawtooth hanger and black dust cover for a finished look.
- Finished frame measures 12" x 14".
- Mat board of your choice with custom cut-outs.
- Crystal clear acrylic face, foam core and corrugated filler.
- Easy-to-understand instructions to mount your coin and complete assembly.